if you had a miscarriage what is the earliest you could tell what gender the baby was? I mean when it passed?

the reason I ask is cause my mom told me that she had a miscarriage with her 3rd before my brother and she I guess had a girl. So just ceriuos to know

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont think you can visibly tell until at least 14 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Until about 18 weeks the genitals look very similar.. You can google pics and see for yourself. It is amazing how similar they look.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've had 3 & it was very early (before 10 wks each time). You couldnt even really tell what part was the baby because there was so much tissue & clots & blood
    Anonymous

• My grandma miscarried at almost 5 months and she said it was a girl. But she is a liar so I don't know.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• it was just a questioon because my mom had one 20 something years ago and said it was a girl so wanted to know what the earliest you could tell it was a girl or boy
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Most misscarriages happen in the 1st trimester.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had a miscarriage around 5 months and we could not tell what the baby was but that was because the baby stopped growing and was really around 16 weeks in size and development.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It would not be till around 17 weeks give or take.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had several and didn't want to know. I was Blessed with two girls after I was told at 16 that I would never have kids.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• UMMM,were you planning on taking the passed fetus in for testing???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010