Is dizziness a common symptom in early pregnancy? That is the only thing I have been experiencing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I got dizzy pretty often around 5-7 weeks. It's a normal symptom. However, if it continues/gets worse, you should let your ob know, because it could be a sign of something more severe.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm not to sure but do you have a community nurse you could call. Dizzyness is usually associated with low blood pressure from my understanding but I need to add I am not a medical professional.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 8:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes it is pretty common.And some people only have one symptom at the early stages of pregnancy.
    Of course,if it concerns you talk to your doctor. Otherwise,I'm sure you'll be fine just be careful especially when you start to stand up.
    Amanda7829

Answer by Amanda7829 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It was very common for me with all four pregnancies.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I would have times when I was pregnant that I'd stand up and get so dizzy everything would go white and I'd sit back down in a hurry. The first time I didn't think to sit back down, I ended up falling down against the wall in my hallway and hitting my head...learned to stand up very slowly and stay by my seat for a few seconds to make sure the wasn't going to white-out again.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I got dizzy during my daughter. Every time I moved my head the room would spin. I found out it was because I was anemic. Dr. put me on iron pills and it went away.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008