How Many Times A Day Should I Pump?

Instead of breast-feeding,I'm bottle feeding,but still using only breast milk.About how many times should I pump each day to keep up a good supply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• every 2hrs at first.. everytime baby eats pump!! It gets to be alot!! GL
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• yeah..they told me every two hours and then one day i was out of the house and only pumped like 3 or 4 times and i totally ruined my supply..so definitely be persistent about it...stick with it!
    little_byrd14

Answer by little_byrd14 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I agree every two hours. Most women give up because it gets to be to much or they fail to respond to the pump. You should really consider feeding at the breast it is much easier.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 8:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• There is a group on here called Exclusively Pumping Mommies. I am a member of this group. I have been pumping for almost 8 1/2 months. When I first started pumping I was pumping every 2-3 hours. Then I went to pumping every 4 hours. Now I am pumping every 5 hours. I even wake up in the night to pump, if it is time. It might be worthwhile to look into the group if you want. I will get the link and post it here. Exclusively pumping is HARD work and very high maintanence. A good pump is necessary. Good luck.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/epingmommies
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008