Have you ever heard about the anniversary of some news story and thought, "That couldn't have happened that long ago. I remember it like it was yesterday?"

I'm feeling like that today about the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death. How could he have died 30 years ago when I was a sophomore in college at the time? Just not possible!

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 3:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I was thinking that myself today. Thirty years ago means he would be seventy now it hardly seems likely.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 9/11
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Every September 11--9/11. Seems like just last year.

Answer by louise2 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I agree with the 9/11 also. Next year's going to be the 10th anniversary? Wow, how did the time go by so fast?
    ceallaigh

Comment by ceallaigh (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The Challenger explosion. I was a sr in HS and we were watching the launch live. Can't believe it's been 25 years.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You're not alone.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 4:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Time flies so fast. I'd have to say when President Regan was shot. I was in high school, we were in choir. It seems like not that long ago, but wow, I've been out of school almost 30 years. And, when we heard Elvis had died. That was the 1st time I saw my Mom cry over a celebrity dying. Can't believe it's been almost 35 years.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yeah, time flies fast...except for the past 2 years which have slowed to record sluggishness!! LOL :o) I predict the next two years aren't going to be that much faster either! *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 9/11 is one. It doesn't seem like it was more than 9 years ago.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 6:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It is like your life. Just yesterday I was a 20 yo getting married. Now, 31 years later I have grown kids and a granddaughter. How is it possible that it was 31 years? Did I blink?

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010