Is there a stomach bug going around?

I'm in Arizona if that makes a difference. Anyway my son (5yrs) woke up last night throwing up and was up and down all night getting sick. He still isn't feeling good, but hasn't thrown up yet today. Just now my daughter (2yrs) threw up. They don't have a fever, but they both say their tummies are sick and they both have diarrhea. They have a doctor appointment for tomorrow. My husband and I feel fine. I just hate seeing my babies sick :(   So I was just wondering if anyone knew if something is going around?   Is there anything else I can do to make them more comfortable besides keeping them hydrated? Thanks in advance.....

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 3:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• This time of year there is almost always something going around. Maybe make a comfortable bed on the floor next to the bathroom? Put on a favorite cartoon?
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, and I am in MN,. My bosses girlfriend who is a nurse said its a very nasty stomach bug and bringing lots of people to the hospital from dehydration from throwing up diahrrea
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Poor babies! We're in Ohio, and had a similar thing at the end of October. It's that time of year! Keeping them comfortable and hydrated is about all you can do. We got the pedialyte powder (you only mix up what you use), and I think that helped. Hope that it passes soon!! (Ours went through the whole family, our almost 3yo had it for 4 days.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm in Colorado and there's a bug going around. My daughter was throwing up for one day but it went already.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• there always is,but this year its very bad. These viruses are usually seen in Spring and Summer,not December!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yep, we have it in Wisconsin right now. There isn't much you can do for them. Just let it pass.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010