I applied for "Wishes & Dreams" for my kids.....

what should I expect for gifts? I pick them up day before Christmas eve. Should I expect little $5 gifts..a lot or a little?
BTW, "wishes and dreams" is like "Toys for Tots". I would think almost identical.
My family is in a different place financially this year :(, so we qualified.
Just wondering if anyone is familiar with wishes and dreams gifts? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Don't you think you should be thankful for anything you get,$5 gifts or not?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You should be thankful for anything
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Wow.
    No comment.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm not familiar with that org, so I'm not sure. I do know that the folks who donate are usually very generous. I worked at several agencies for children, and every year, those kiddos received amazing gifts from the community. They even got $100 gift cards (EACH!) one year! They got things like portable CD players and things of that nature. I hope things get better for ya momma!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• hey OP here: so sorry if I don't seem grateful, I AM!!! I'm just feeling guilty for the kiddos....I just want to know what to expect.
    Wondering, should I sit them down and explain financial situation this year...or let them enjoy thier Christmas w/o that knowledge. Things like that I'm just worrying about that's all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Kids do not need to know financial things. Just show happiness for whatever gifts that were generously donated.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It really depends on their age wether to tell them or not. Me personally, i don't think I would tell them. I work our toy drive through our church, they are usually pretty nice.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I got that feeling OP! I assumed that was what you meant. As a parent, you want to give your children everything, and its easy to get down on yourself when you feel like you might not come through. Don't worry, I'm sure they will have a happy Christmas either way.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm not familiar with that organization, but last year my daughter was submitted to Giving Tree by her caseworker and much to my surprise she got a boatload of gifts, a giant black garbage bag full plus a few that just didn't fit. It ranged from her Ugly Doll whom she named Pugly to one of those expensive baby dolls that makes noises when it eats its baba or bink to a winter coat and warm clothes and socks. I was awed and amazed.
    This year early head start recomended us for Sub for Santa for my kids. I don't know if we are arpoved yet but they took a list of 3 needs and 3 wishes. They strive to meet one wish and one need not exceeding 75 dollars per kid. And they don't per say do babies so they may or may not do him, but he's barely 3 months so he won't care!
    It really just depends on the organization you are dealing with.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 3:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010