Who had a torn ligament repaired in their ankle?

How long did it take you to be able to exercise or play sports again? I had mine done in March, and it seems that no matter how much progress I make, within a week it hurts too much to continue the exercises.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• I had both of mine done (not at the same time) a few years ago and to be honest it really took about 2 years to feel normal but still weak. Not to say this will happen to you but if your doctor gives you the chance to go to a physical therapist I would take them up on it as it will help. I remember at first I was also overly concerned that I would rehurt it so I don't think it helped either. I actually would wear braces or wraps when going places for a long period that required walking or if it was icy out. I still have the braces and wraps but don't wear them any more. I have noticed with weather changes my ankles hurt but it's much better than always being in pain. Good luck, take it slow you'll get back into everything. Listen to your body. :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Are you wearing a good brace while exercising?? A good lace up brace with figure-8 strap is essential!! Unless you are talking about your rehab exercises... if you are then you need to go back to PT!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 26, 2010