How much do you spend on your daycare provider if your child is there all day?

For a Christmas gift.. he goes there 40 hours a week and she does preschool - what is an appropriate Amount or present?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom has been doing home daycare for over 35 years, and she has received a wide range of Christmas gifts over the years. Anything is appreciated, and you need to keep your budget in mind. I would recommend staying away from giving her anything relating to her daycare business. It's a time to show your appreciation for the care she is providing your child, not give her crayons and paper. My mom has received everything from a $10 box of chocolates to $1000 cash. If your budget allows, I would say $50-100 is appropriate. Afterall, this is the person that nurtures your child 40+ hours a week, every week. :)
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 4:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I give mine $150. I wish I could afford more. She's wonderful.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I pay $20 per day or $90 per week for 1/2 day of preschool and the other 1/2 is daycare.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm not getting them one. I get the teacher a gift when the year is over and they move to another classroom. If you use an inhome daycare I would probably go with a $25 or $30 gift.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Mine is going part-time (only 2 days) and I was thinking of giving a gift totalling around $25
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Whoops! Hit submit before i could add that I get them daycare supplies (tissues, drawing paper, crayons) and spend about $50.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You are wanting to know "present" amount, not what you pay per week/day. As a childcare provider... I would say 20 bucks is plenty for full time care, but honestly.. anything to acknowledge you appreciate them would be fine. You already pay for their services.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I gave her a gift bag full of crap just for HER. Shampoos, Victoria Secret sprays and makeup, girl movies, a calendar... just to let her know she is awesome, but she is also my SIL.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I give ours a $50 gift card, but she has 2 of my kids. For one child I'd probably go with $25. If I had time to bake some special goodies I'd take those too. When I could barely afford daycare for my older one I always just took baked goods because that was better than any gift I could afford to buy.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2010