Do you think the Obama administration is honest? What about the deportation numbers?

I was reading this article the other day about how the Obama administration has been touted how they were so tough on immigration enforcement.. and then showed record number of deportations as an example... then with further investigation it shows that once again they have used fuzzy math and relied on voluntary returns to beef up their numbers. "But in reaching 392,862 deportations, US Immigration and customs Enforcement included more than 19,000 immigrants who had exited the previous fiscal year.... and ran a Mexican repatriation program five weeks longer than ever before, allowing the agency to count at least 6,500 exits that, without the program, would normally have been tallied by the US border patrol. "When ICE officials realized that in the final weeks of the fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, that the agency still was in jeopardy of falling short of last year's mark, it scrambled to reach the goal. Officials quietly directed immigration officers to bypass backlogged immigration courts and time-consuming deportation hearings whenever possible, internal emails and interviews show."

I'll post the link... I am typing from the newspaper, but it's an interesting read. (okay.. I found the online version)

Unusual methods helped ICE break deportation record

Jambo4

Asked by Jambo4 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Short answer... no, they are not honest
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Do you think the Obama administration is honest? HELL NO
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• As honest as any other admin in my lifetime. They all use fuzzy math and spin like crazy to make themselves look good.

More change I can't believe in.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Can anyone name an "honest" politician or administration? Also, I get sick of these questions and jabs and such. Everyone seems to forget how little control the presidents have all on their own. They don't make unilateral decisions. Everything that happens when they are "in charge" is a collaboration and a compromise.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I didn't say he makes unilateral decisions, but this is his administration. He needs to stand up and be accountable for what is in it.
    Jambo4

Comment by Jambo4 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• He lacks in positive Change, Accountability, and Responsibility... Ohh wait, isn't that what he promised when we ran for President?????
    hrmmmmmm... Interesting...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No way

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ....And, this is a surprise to anyone why? The ONLY lie...I mean promise he kept was to get his kids a dog, then he made them name it after him,and no one's seen the dog in months. I have never seen anyone as adept at talking out of both sides of his mouth at the same time as Obama, and the truly sad part is, he believes everything he says, that's why he can say it with a straight face.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• HAHAHA, ya, sure they are.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• BA! A certain sombody can stop throwing the numbers around now and praising O and admin..

No OP and I am not surprised by this news but good to know..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010