Do you water your Christmas Tree?

We get a fresh cut tree every year, but put it in one of those stands that has a large reservoir at the bottom so you can water the tree. It "drinks" about a quart a day the first week, then less and less as it gets older.

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, with a fresh cut tree you can add a few asprin or the flower fresh powder you get when you buy fresh cut flowers at the beginging and with the refills. Asprin does not keep the tree from absorbing water it just lets the tree use the water better, hangs on to it longer. We have one of those great long tube funnels made just for watering Christmas trees, plus our tree holder has a very large reservior 2 quarts and we check it morning and night. We give one of the kids the job and they even fight over who gets to do it. It you let the tree dry out to the base reach under and rough it back up again with tines of a small fork or rough sand paper before refilling to reopen the rings to take in the water again.
    Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, or else it will dry out before Christmas!

Answer by older at 4:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No, I always forget. But I try to remember.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• LOL, no, ours is prelite fake tree - I can see the sparks in my mind if we did! The year we did a real tree I did water it, but it was still a mess before Christmas ever got here.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes! If it dries out, it becomes a fire hazard.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 4:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes but it is such a pain to get under there
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope, its not real because we have to many family members with allergies and asthma.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• we got a real one this year and we watered and watered it and it's still going brown even w a fresh 1 inch cut I absolutley hate it!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes. I am afraid of fires.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes and I crush a couple of asprins with the water and it helps the tree keep absorbing the water or at least in my mind it does.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 12:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2010