Ok ladies....I really need some help and some advise....Ladies who chart will be especially helpful here but I'll take advise from anyone at this point.

Ok ladies so here's the situation.

On Friday I started having watery CM. My cervix was high, soft and open. I was cramping on the left side. Over the next couple of days it went back and forth between eggwhite & wet. Then Monday it went back to low, hard and closed. I assumed that I had ovulated and that I am 3 DPO today.

I haven't been able to chart BBT because we are out of town and I don't have my thermometer so I don't know what my temps were like on Monday.

THEN I check my cervix this morning and it's high, open, soft, and wet AGAIN. At first I couldn't tell if it was open but then I checked it again a little while ago and it is definately open.

Now I'm cramping on both sides!

What gives? Should I just keep BD?

AHHHH!!!! It's so frustrating not having my thermomter!!!

Anyone experience this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Haha! That would be awesome but I just don't know!

I DO have a family history of fraternal twins in my family. Hmmm...I just don't know!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• you need to only check your cervix position 1 time a day and at the same time each day since it will move throughout the day. That way it will not be as confusing.
    As for the mucous...was it stretchy? It can vary in color and not be fertile mucous. the distance it can stretch without breaking is an indicator to how fertile you are. Just the fact that it's wet and colored egg-white means nothing. it's about the consistancy. Does it dry quickly when exposed to air or does it stay wet?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Your body could have prepared to ovulate and then didn't for whatever reason. It happens. Since you haven't been charting BBT, and that's the only way to know for sure whether you did ovulate then, I would keep having sex and assume that the latest fertile symptoms are the ones actually preceding ovulation.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I will say I've been charting for years and never had this happen! If I thought it was going to be this big of a deal I would of just found a drug store and bought another friggen thermometer but my cycles despite them being irregular ALWAYS follow the same pattern so I wasn't too worried about it.

This is the first time I've ever experienced something like that. I'm getting kind of worried that my body is trying to ovulate but isn't over and over.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It's strtchy eggwhite mucus.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Keep in mind that the mucous is only a sign of fertility, NOT a sign of ovulation.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know that...I've just never had the EWCM that didn't directly preseed ovulation.

I always have 3 days of EWCM and ovulate on the last day.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Everyone has an off cycle every now and then. Very regular women have a shorter or longer cycle sometimes, women who ovulate every month might have an anovulatory cycle sometimes. In my many years of charting, I've had two anovulatory cycles (a year or so apart), but other than those two months, my body still works the same as always.

One off cycle doesn't mean anything. Start charting temps again when you can, and treat the latest fertile patch as the fertile patch just to cover yourself, and go from there. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would say that you are just having an off cycle, probably because you are traveling.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010