my dog was just neutered te other day and.... adult content

ok sorry if gross but my pit.lab was fixed on the 2 and i thought they take everything but his sake is still there? only had a female dog and other males never had anything there....

mamajennie31010

Asked by mamajennie31010 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pets

• That is strange. I always thought that they removed the testies. I would call your vet for an explanation.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I really am not sure why there is a sack still there- I thought they removed the sack from the dog and only left his actual manhood there.....ummm..BUMP!
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know my mom had her male cat neutered and he had a little furry sack still hanging, but I really don't know for sure??? I would def call the veet.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• They leave the sack intact. You may be seeing some swelling of the area but it will go down and you will no longer notice it in time. If it i was an older dog it may take longer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• he is 2 years, just so weird. i tried calling but they have odd work hours. its an awa clinic
    mamajennie31010

Comment by mamajennie31010 (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I googled. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071105190031AArN44W

This is one of the comments:

With dogs they make an incision in the lower abdomen down by the scrotum sack and remove the inner workings so to speak, but the actual skin that goes around the testicles is not removed. After the plumbing is taken out the skin will still be there but with time will shrink back up.

Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope, they take out the testicles. It is just swollen for awhile. It will decrease over time.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I agree with Snewo. We just had out 6 month old Beagle neutered on Monday and this is what the vet said. The remove the testicles, and the sack will eventually shrivel and look like just a little bit of loose skin. It will take a bit longer with an older dog though.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 5:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I bet they just cut the "line" so to speak. That is not uncommon. He will be fine.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• They shrink and disappear over time. I had our dog done as a puppy. When he got home they were slightly deflated compared to before and they continued to shrink.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010