When do they go from crib to bed?

My daughter is two and a half and still uses her crib. I see nothing wrong in this, being that she's small enough so why bother with the bed. Sometimes we let her nap in our bed if she falls asleep there, and when she wakes up she just comes out. I'm just wondering if there's a good "age" or if it really matters? When did your child get their own bed?

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When they start climbing out of the crib, whenever that is.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i use a toddler bed.my child went to a toddler bed due to trying to climb out at 18mths
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 4:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think it depends on the child. There is no right or wrong...unless of course they have to curl up in a ball to sleep LOL. My son will be 2 in March and we are redecorating his room and introducing a regular bed. He is also in the 90 percentile for his height so he's getting a little too big for the crib physically. I'm sure we're doing this early but I believe he's ready, and you'll know when your daughter is ready.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Our oldest was happy as can be in his crib. We made a big deal about having a big boy bed at age three so we could use crib for new baby. Our youngest climbed out of the crib very early so we got him a bed. It really doesn't matter if you and daughter are happy.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I think my older son went to a toddler around 3 1/2 years.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 5:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010