What do I do? Do I say nothing at all.

Last year my husbands grandmother gave all of our kids money gift for Christmas. She even gave money to my son that is from another relationship. I thought it was so sweet as if she was saying she sees my son as her great grandson as well. I had been meaning to send her a special thank you and never got around to it. This year she sent money and on the card wrote how the money should be distrubuted (as she did last year). This year she left out my son and added our new arrival, our baby daughter. Should I just let it go, I still wanted to thank her but now I feel it would be wrong to say thanks for including my son last year. Whats your opinion?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• If it were me I would take the money and redistribute it so all the kids, including your son from previous relationship, get their share and then send her a thank you note and include everyone's name on it. She probably made an oversight, I mean if she included him last year it doesn't make sense that she would leave him off, but maybe her math was off or she remembered the amount from last year and forgot that there is a new baby to include in the division this year. Whatever it is, I would just include your son, too, and thank her from all of you. I especially wouldn't want him to know he was left out.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Personally I would be happy she gave me anything. It is nice to have a family member think of anther part of the family. She said to distribute it as last year. Then go ahead.
    Be thankful and joyous and tell her thanks grandma. This time call her. NOW>
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thank her and thank her for including your son last year, and then let it off of your shoulders.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If your family does not visit her much it is possible she had forgotten. Send her a thank you for this year with all of your names on the card.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thank her for this year and then thank her again from your son for last year- better late than never!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thank her for last year and apologize for being so late in your reply. Then thank her for this year. As for leaving out your son, as previous posters said, it may be an oversight. If it's not a terribly large amount of money, give it to your son yourself so he doesn't notice it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My vote down stalkers rule...WHOOHOO!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 10:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Don't redistribute it to all the kids...distribute it as she had requested...anything else would be disrespectful of her wishes. It may or may not have been an oversight but don't say anything. I mean really, if you didn't get a gift from someone would you say "hey...where's my gift?" Gift should be given to whom we want, not who expects them.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2010