Do you think it's weird...

that just me and my son go on vacation together??? I am a single mom and he is an only child- we take family vacations. I had someone mention to me that they though it was weird, what do you think??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why is it weird?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't think that's weird. I took my kids on vacation after my divorce.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• This is your family and your on a vacation. Why is that weird? Tell that person they are weird.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I dont think its wired. I dont know how old he is but I assume hes a grown up and I guess he doesnt have family of his own, so whats wired about it? That you two have a great mother son relationship?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• How is that weird? You're still a family, they come in all shapes & sizes. When my siblings moved out, my mom and I would take mini vacations together when my dad was working out of town. we really liked to go camping, it was peaceful with just the two of us...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• its not weird at all. who says what a vacation is and who can go on them?? just tell the haters they aren't invited..go and have a ball!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Totally not weird. I'd be a little put off by that comment. I think it's sweet that you do. When my husband is away, my kids and I always do special things together just us. If I had enough money I would definitely take them on vacation. It's great bonding time, and kudos to you for giving your kid special memories.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No, its not weird. I get tired of ppl telling others the way they do things are weird just because they are not the norm. We are not all cookie cutters. I have an aunt that thinks we should come home to visit my family for Christmas and in the summer all as a family...meaning my husband the kids and i, and all leave as a family, but my husband can only take a couple of days off from work and i want the boys and i to visit longer with my family. We all drive to my parents house and he flies back to work for a week and then flies back to my parents house and we all drive home togtether. I dont care what ppl think of us....it is what works for our familly.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• They must be jealous of a older woman with a younger man. Not weird at all.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 5:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh screw them...they are just jealous that they don't have someone that loves them that much that likes spending time with them no matter who they are to each other! Enjoy it while it lasts.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010