I am 5 dpo... what are my chances of pregnancy? adult content

I have been ttc for about four months now. I have had no luck. :( I am currently 5 dpo. My cervix usually returns to the low positiion 2 days past ovulation. I have lowered, but today I checked and its medium and squishy. I am aware that your body changes all of the time, but I am hoping for a baby this month. :D I also wanted to know if anyone knows if ovulation and impending pregnancy can cause your breasts to produce colostrum? Yesturday we had an incident with a little bit of colostrum being expressed... TMI, I know. I am hoping some of you more experienced mothers will be able to help me out. I breastfed both of my girls, but quit feeding the last one 2 and a half years ago. :S I am confused. Also, when can I test? 9-10 dpo? Thanks ladies!

sugarpea

Asked by sugarpea at 5:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have a fertilized egg in you at this time it probably isnt even be attached to your uterus yet. So, in turn, it could not cause symptoms such as colostrum coming out of your breasts. Ovulation does not cause this.
    Anonymous

• What could cause colostrum outside of ovulation and pregnancy? I haven't had anything like this before... I wonder if a hormonal imbalance is the root?
    litlmissmommy

Answer by litlmissmommy at 5:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 50/50 either you are or you aren't. Oxytocin is the cause of milk production. It also starts labor. It can take years for it to dry up completely so I'm not really surprised you leaked some. Could be a hormonal imbalance. You need to wait at least 14 dpo. Allow a week to travel the fallopian tubes and another to implant and get the placenta running. It is the placenta that puts out hcg. You need to allow it time to form and begin it's function. You're best off waiting until you miss your cycle to test.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Actually the placenta isn't what causes the hcg hormone to rise, your body makes that, the placenta doesn't form until around 10 weeks and does take over all hormone production from that point on. Just FYI. There's speculation that may be the cause of morning sickness and all around feeling like poo up until about the time the placenta takes over.
    Anyways, I'm not sure about leaking I have never heard of that but I would wait until your period is due, it can 6-10 days for the embryo to even implant and then it has to reach a level of about 20 hcg to register positive for pregnancy, and since it starts at 0 and doulbes every couple of days it can take a few days still for your hcg count to be high enough for a positive. So don't test until your period is due, you might get a positive earlier but don't let yourself get bummed out if you don't have to!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• The egg would either have JUST implanted or not implanted yet at all so I don't think these things are from a pregnancy. Just wait until you miss you period and take a test.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2010