Do do donate or do something at Chrismas that is charitable?

christmas treeCharitable such as angle tree or something like that? I keep hearing about people alone at Christmas (Seniors) and am thinking I should do something. HOw about you?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Always, this year a little more than normal -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I always try to give the USMC Toys for Tots. My dad is a Marine Corps veteran and it just means something to me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No. I have some charities that I work with 12 months a year. But I don't do anything special around the holidays. Instead I save my "donations" and time for the months when few others are doing it - like July... I figure people are in need all year, and I would rather my time and whatnot be put towards those times when they really need more help - this time of years lots of people chip in.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have several afghans that I've crocheted and I'm thinking about going up to the senior home and checking with them. They might have a need for them and I have plenty. Plus, I can always make more! Some of these are small so they would be perfect for someone's lap in a wheelchair.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 5:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am Santa for three needy families every year, I love doing it too!

Answer by older at 6:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sure, we get Christmas gifts for a needy family every year. My twin girls have a b-day in the middle of December and instead of having their friends bring gifts to their party they collect toys for toys for tots. I also donate a turkey every year that my work gives me because we are all vegetarian in my house:)
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 6:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I do not do anything special at Christmas but I do do several things throughout the year.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My sons marching band has a "Toys for Tots" concert at Christmas. Admission is one toy. We also help get items for a needy family.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Toys for tots and canned food drives
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• We attend mass on Saturdays at 4 o'clock. We are Catholic. There is a "Giving Tree' in the back of the church. There are tags hanging on the tree with organization names, people's first names, maybe age. There are also items these people wish for. You can take as many tags as you like. We took one for a 4 yr-old boy who wants trucks. So we bought him 4 trucks and will place them in a bag, unwrapped, tag attached, and leave it under the tree. This is the first year we've done this, but we have donated throughout the years to various organizations, and not just at Christmas time. Even though my husband is presently unemployed and I can no longer work due to illness, it makes me feel good to give to others less fortunate than me. I hope you will feel the same. Happy holidays to you!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010