2 drinks a day while breast feeding is it safe?

Has anyone drank 2 drinks a night while breast feeding. I dont get carried away but really miss my 2 drinks before dinner? I know its ok occasionally but is it ok....daily? I have tried those Alcohol test strips, but I dont really trust them.

allilali

Asked by allilali at 5:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, its not ok. Whatever you eat, baby eats. If you can't take NyQuil because you're breastfeeding, you for sure CANT drink alcohol either. If you don't want to give up your drinking, then switch to formula.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 5:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• what did the test strips say? i have never met anyone that tried them.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Um no your baby eats what you eat!! Did you drink while you were pregnant? Same difference.
    4psinapod

Answer by 4psinapod at 5:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• no.. if your wanting to do this i would say work over time on the pumping and have enough milk saved to last you 24 hours after you have drank.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Have any of you read the book What to expect in the first year? It says you can drink. My doctor even said I could and the lactation consultant. Im asking cause I like to hear what other mommies do. And the test strips said right after I had my 2 drinks that alcohol was in my milk....but after dinner....2 hours later it said it was safe.
    allilali

Comment by allilali (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It's safe. One to two drinks is ok, any more then that, wait 2-3 hrs per drink before nursing again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh, and the test strips? There's a mom in the BFing moms group I believe, who for kicks, used one while pregnant and hadn't had a drink in ages. Her strip showed alcohol in her milk. They're unreliable.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Kryta....how did she express milk?
    allilali

Comment by allilali (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh and I wonder if my Doctor and Lactation Consultant are unreliable to?
    allilali

Comment by allilali (original poster) at 5:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I was told by lactation expert to have a beer a day while breastfeeding to help milk production.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010