(First time mom) How can I make my son's terrible two's less stressful for me and my s/o

My son has his good and bad days, I don't want to make my son think i'll come to his beck and call. Although I don't want to listen to him screaming for juice either, or whatever it is he wants that doesn't deserve that much severity. He still gives a fight about being changed, doesn't want to start potty training..........I don't know what to do any advice???

HaydensMommy726

Asked by HaydensMommy726 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Enjoy 2 because 3 is much worse!!! lol JUst a warning =) For potty training Id go easy and be patient. Boys take a while sometimes. As far as discipline....pick your battles and be consistent
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'd forget the potty training for now. It's so much easier when they really want to do it themselves
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks for the comments yea, i haven't been trying the potty training lately just because of that. most of the time If i say to him do you want to go in a time out he stops being so naughty idk if that's good it's all i've got lol
    HaydensMommy726

Comment by HaydensMommy726 (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Steph319 has really good advice. The "terrible two's" have their reason for being . . . part of a necessary developmental process. They will pass. Really, the rebeliion can continue to 4 1/2 or 5. Just be patient and consistent.

What you CAN do: If the screaming is a pure tantrum, instead of giving into what is being screamed for: Give the little one a hug and say, "I love you. You need to calm down. When you are calm, come and we can hug." Walk to another part of the room and ignore him until he calms or is ready to calm.

The biggest thing is to keep your own cool, which can be really hard for a mommy of a two year old. Do anything you can to find your own peace. Soon, your son will be older, and you will crave the days when he wanted your attention so badly!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thanks so much { imagination mama } Thats helpfull
    HaydensMommy726

Comment by HaydensMommy726 (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Lobelia...you can give it to him internally and rubbing lobelia tinture on his shoulders and neck will calm him down instantly. It's an herb and has no side effects whatsoever.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• where do you buy lobelia
    HaydensMommy726

Comment by HaydensMommy726 (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• pick ur battles and when he is readyy for the potty u will now =)
    honey_bear_2787

Answer by honey_bear_2787 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2010