If you couldn't get pregnant without fertility treatments, how many times would you try before considering adoption?

Treefrog64

Asked by Treefrog64 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would not adopt. If it didn't work I would take that as a sign. I would however try whatever I could within financial reason.
    Anonymous

• If I couldn't get pregnant I would adopt. I would take that as a sign that there is some child out there who needs my love. Ive known a LOT of people that have not been able to get pregnant, adopted, and a couple years later get pregnant.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I probably whould never have tried to get pregnant in the first place
    Anonymous

• I personally would adopt maybe after about 2-3 years of trying. I have a friend that lost several babies. She ended up adopting and got pregnant a year later. The doctors are not sure why this happened but she said that if she had never adopted she may not of ever gotten pregnant. *shrugs* I think that if you really want a child and cannot have one of your own, why not give that love to a child that is less fortunate? I wish you good luck and hope that all works out for you. Have a blessed day!

MelissaGiles

Answer by MelissaGiles at 6:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I know couples who have tried with and without the treatment s. And decided to adopt and within two years both had children on there own. I think the self induced stress of "trying" is more or the the main problem in most cases. I have nothing against adoption and would love to do so myself. Honestly it depends mostly on how you think you could be to a child you did not birth.
    4psinapod

Answer by 4psinapod at 6:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am almost positive we're done with me birthing children, we have 2 and I'm good on being pregnant again, and we're going to adopt to add to our family. I think if I by now at almost year 6 of our marriage and we were childless we would have adopted by now.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You ask a personal opinion, people give it & get voted down. How nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would probably try 4-5 times.

I know how important it was to me to feel a baby moving inside my womb and to be able to experience pregnancy so I would probably try several times as long as I had the finances.

I would not, however, deplete my finances to a point where I coundn't afford to adopt if I needed to use that option.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• you just want someone to agree on adoption. sorry. i can not adopt. i refuse. if you want to adopt. go for it. but dont vote me down because of my personal opinion on it (ok waiting for you to vote this down now.....twiddle twiddle twiddle....)
    Anonymous

• I would never try fertility treatments. I decided long time ago that I would have whatever I was going to have and be happy about it.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010