So my dogs and I went out for a walk today....

They sort of made it clear to me that they are tired of being pent up all day. Poop on the floor. So we went out for a 3 mile walk. Apparently I did not tell them it was cold out there 28+windchill YIKES. They were in a big hurry to get home. LOL.
Do your dogs seem to mind the cold?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pets

• My dogs are not huge fans of hot or cold. They would much rather be inside. Sometimes when it is really cold we have to force them outside to do their thing but then let them back in.
    beautyoperator

Answer by beautyoperator at 5:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• All three of mine are big babies. You let them out and if it is raining, cold or theres snow on the ground they immediately make a beline for the other back door(garge door) or porch depended on where they are let out from. They will sit there and stare at you with the most pitiful look.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yeah...it got down to a whopping 65 degrees here and my dogs where begging me to turn off the a/c. I live in Miami...lol
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That's cute. My dog does the same thing he does not like the cold. He will start hollering & whimpering to make it clear that he wants in now.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 6:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• if i put her out she wants back in, but she loves to walk no matter what the weather is. but she does shiver this time of year, so always loves to cuddle under the snuggi on the sofa with me.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 6:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• One doesn't mind the cold, but he also has a double thick coat & very furry feet, whereas the other one has a very thin coat & she only goes outside long enough to pee & wants right back in.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• All of my dogs are short haired breeds and they love to play in the snow, but only for a short time.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 8:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Both our dogs love the snow. Our Golden always finds a tennis ball that's buried (and frozen)
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Our pug Xavier would not step on snow or ice and in the winter he would wear booties to protect his feet and would only go outside long enough to do his business.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 3:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have a great dane lab mix. HUGE, black dog. Biggest baby EVER!!! lol He is very well behaved and will do anything I ask. He sleeps on old pillows and an old comforter...lol (I can't find a pillow bed big enough for him) I never have to ask him twice to "Come on, Outside"....well now that it's cold out I can say Kimbo, let's go....and he will just raise his head and look at me like,"what the hell are you smokin???". lol Then he lays back down and ignores me, thats is when I will start tugging and pulling on him to get up. Doesn't work...lol....he rolls over and under the covers he goes, all you can see is his wagging rear end. I usually have to wait until my husband comes home, for some reason Kimbo won't pull that crap with my hubby......huummmm....guess I know who the "favorite" is...lol (I forgot to mention that the coldest it has been is 40 degrees....big baby!)

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2010