If Jesus was real why cant anyone prove it?

After being a member of Cafemom for over 2 yrs now I have to say that the most complaints come from other members asking for spell check and for facts. Well if its a fact that Jesus was the Son of (a) God then why do so many of you believe that without proof? Faith has nothing to do with it, but everything to do with selective reasoning. You need proof that the white house is passing a law, proof that a celebrity is dating a certain someone, proof that aliens exist, proof that other life forms exist, but when it comes to the bible you believe word for word. It kinda reminds me of that saying...If everyone was jumping off a bridge..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Good question,anon! I have a hard time saying :"You have to have Faith". I need proof.
    Can't wait to see how everyone responds to this!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• the Bible is our proof, along with our faith. and no, i dont need proof of some of those things you mentioned. some people might, but not all, Christian or non-Christian. dont make ignorant blanket statements.
    Anonymous

• No one has proven that he wasn't.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 6:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I believe that aliens exist. I think it is pretty egotistical of humans to believe that in the whole vast universe, we are the only beings out there. It would be incredible waste of space, wouldn't it?

That being said, Faith has everything to do with it. I have Faith that my husband will be faithful, I have Faith that the sun will come up the next day. I have Faith that my friends will be there for me if I need them. I have Faith that no matter how hard things get, I'll be alright.

Even if you don't believe in Jesus, people still have faith in something
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Why are you posting anon? Troublemaker!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Faith has everything to do with it..........I do believe and others can feel as they please, but I do believe and it is all faith. How can you look at the beauty around you, a precious baby, a puppy and so many other beautiful things and not know their is a higher power. I know this answer may not please you, but thank you for letting me respectfully give my opinion on this subject.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• the Bible is our proof, along with our faith. and no, i dont need proof of some of those things you mentioned. some people might, but not all, Christian or non-Christian. dont make ignorant blanket statements

I so agree with you 100%
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• How is the bible "proof"?

If I wrote a book proclaiming the existence of an alien god, claiming that it was our creator, and that all others were false... would that be taken as "proof" enough to have faith in it as factual?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• obby, the Bible is one of the things in our religion that you just won't ever be able to fathom and understand. certain scripts from the Bible are factual, like Noah's Ark for example. i know you probably believe the scientific hype, that some storm blew in that day, and whatever they found in the mountains is not the imprint of the ark. and that's fine, that's why i believe in it and you don't.
    Anonymous

• You know, there are a couple of billion dead Chinese peasants that left no physical evidence of their existence either.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010