3 questions please read

ok so I have a 3 year old daughter that we have to litterly lock in her room at night or she for one wont go to sleep she will keep getting out of her room she will stay up most of the night and she will be into things at night. She doesn't wake you up when she gets up one time she was into the fridge and had everything out of it so we lock the door from the outside. If she cries I do go to her to see what she wants since sometimes she has to go potty. Dh said with her getting older we need to try to not lock the door so I tried just the other night bad idea. So anyway, my first ? is
1) How do you get your little one to stay in their room without having to lock them in?
2.) If my child is sick or something and I have to take my oldest to the bus stop (my dh leaves mefore we do) is it ok to leave her in her room with it locked just long enough for me to take my other dd to the bus stop? I can see our house from the bus stop. I am only down their waiting maybe 3 - 4 minutes. The bus stop is about 3 houses from ours, but I don't want to leave her their and sit on like the step and wait since she is the only one at the bus stop and the corner is a busy street and it would only take someone a second to take her or something (our street is a side street). She is so friendly she talks to anyone.
3.) I have a baby due Augest 9th, but by time the baby is 2 - 3 months old it will be getting cold. Is it ok to take a baby and keep it outside that long that little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• The screen door might be a sensible alternative. Bundle up your children to take your oldest to the bus stop. Use a stroller if one is sick. Do what you have to do to keep your three year old safe at night.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I bet you could watch your house burn down from the bus stop as well. Someone needs to call CPS. This is clearly child abuse and neglect
    Anonymous

• What the hell?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• baby gate
    NO!
    no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 1. Can you put up a screen door or something & lock that? It seems strange to me to lock the door at night.
    2. You arent suppose to leave them in the house that young by themselves.
    3. Bundle he baby up.
    Anonymous

• You lock your child in a room... that is WRONG, CPS would be all over you, your sick
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have tried a baby gate. I used a baby gate with my oldest until she was about 4 and she would stay in her room. But with my youngest she climbs the baby gates
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• anon for one I haven't ever done it just asking for some reason if she were to be sick. And instead why don't you tell me how I can get the oldest to the bus stop with a 3 year old throwing up. Also it isn't like she can get out of her room and get into things while I was gone
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

ok so I don't lock her in and let her rome the house while we are asleep (since she doesn't wake you up) and possibly catching the house on fire?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sleep in her room with her, then maybe she will stay and not be locked in but feel safe because your with her?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 6:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010