Nauseated for 2 1/2 weeks?

I have had a loss of appetite due to this annoying nauseating feeling in my belly. I have only thrown up a couple of times, but am sick to my stomach all day. My doctor took blood this week, but have not gotten results in yet. He thinks it may be a virus, but who knows. I have my tubes tied and took 2 preg. tests just in case...both neg. I am also very tired and occasionally get very dissy and almost pass out. I need to sit down so i dont pass out. It is soooooo hard taking care of 4 young childrren feeling like this. Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone you know of and what was the outcome?

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• a virus wouldn't last that long

Answer by admckenzie at 6:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• That is what i think too......my origional doctor is gone until the first of the year....i dont like his replacement.
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had the same thing a while back - my 5yo had a nasty 12-hour stomach bug that made me soooo nauseous, I was nauseous for 2-3 weeks but never vomited. I finally forced myself to eat some stuff that I knew would give me diarrhea, and after a couple days of that I was fine - I think, even though I was having BMs daily, that I was backed up and needed a good cleaning out. I also was unable to burp during that time which was very odd, still struggling with that but not as bad. I never went to the doctor though, didn't feel a need to. I have blood pressure issues and a heart problem so that explained my dizzy issues. I just gave it time and like I said, once I forced diarrhea and got cleaned out it resolved almost totally - but it was a long couple of weeks before I did that!
    Anonymous

• Drink apple cider hot tea with 2 table spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar...ACV cures vomiting, nausea, and diaria..although im at odds with why you are feeling this way so long...it could be an allergic reaction to something you ate in the past few weeks perhaps..

Norovirus is the worst type of stomach flue, that can last for a few weeks (my friend's family just had it not too long ago)..

But Benedryil (alergy medicine) actually helps prevent nausea, and Apple cider vinegar takes away any vomitting and stomach bugs or food poisening bacteria--it does taste gross and strong--but use it with hot green tea with lots of sugar or Apple Cider drink to help

WORKS..!! I take it daily--even when NOT sick--to prevent myself from ever feeling sick IF I happen to catch that evil virus..I have Emetophobia :( So it's my godsend ..and it's natural--and cheap
    psychicRaelene3

Answer by psychicRaelene3 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2010