• In the Spotlight:

When around did you

lose your mucus plug?
start dilating?

I'm 35 weeks and getting anxious! I have an appointment next week and I'm gunna ask her to check if I've started dilating at all. Do you have to be a certain amount dilated for the plug to fall out?

ours

Asked by ours at 8:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• lol i think it was my due date ccause the day before it i was closed and everything then my due date i started contractions but i didnt have him til 4 days later it was the worse 4 days of my life i hope this one goe sfaster lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Everyone is diffrent, but your doctor will check you next week anyway because you have to have a culture taken of your vagina and rectum and while she is doing that she can and should check you. If you have not been having any signs of labor she may find nothing, so try not to be too dissappointed if she says you are not doing anything. Easier said then doen, trust me I know.
    Good Luck
    MaSina621

Answer by MaSina621 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• K good I really want to know. I've been having some braxton hicks, so we'll see. I need to remember to ask her if it's when you start dilating that your mucus plug falls out. AHH I really have so many questions this time she's gunna get annoyed haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I was dilated to 6 and I didnt lose my mucus plug until they broke my water. Weird huh? But i was also very early. I was dilated to 2 by 34 weeks and delivered 5 days later
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had to be induced twice before my little one finally decided to come out, but I was dilated to about 1 1/2 for a few weeks beforehand. My mucus plug came out a little at a time, and then once my water broke and I got to about 7 cm, the whole thing came out in the nurse's hand when she checked me, lol.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008