Normal?

My almost 8 month old has a little bit of clearish blood coming from her belly button. I'm a little panicked but my family keeps telling me she's fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

AidenandAlexa

Asked by AidenandAlexa at 6:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm....it should be healed by now so its not that. Id say that maybe she scratched it on something and you didnt notice? You can always call the nurses line at your peds office and ask
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would put in a call to the pediatrician just to be on the safe side because you never know if she could have accidentally scratched her belly button with a dirty nail or something causing a slight infection. It may very well not be anything to worry about but just a call wouldn't hurt, better safe than sorry after all. Good luck.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Call your ped, this doesn't sound normal to me.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• thank you, the bleeding stopped and the nurses line said not to worry for now, so all is well.
    AidenandAlexa

Comment by AidenandAlexa (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2010