16 month old...likes what she likes and that's that!

Hello,

We are healthy eaters in our house, with a lot of fruits and veggies, fish, grains, etc. However, my 16 month old seems to like pasta, bananas and other fresh fruit, soup, yogurt, avacado, pancakes and oatmeal the best. Of course I try to give her scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, meatballs, chicken and cut up fresh vegetables, etc, but she is not showing any interest at all. I'm going to try peanut butter again...she took it once but I haven't tried it lately. Will this get better? I feel like I end up doing a lot of repeat meals...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what ever you do don't keep feeding repeat meal! First, She will not allow herself to starve. Second, it is a proven fact that you have to offer a toddler the same food up to 10 times before they will eat it. You keep offering she will eventually eat it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes it seam that some of the tetxure is what she doesnt like
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 6:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would just keep offering her a variety... it will get better... this is probably just a phase. As long as what she is getting is nutritionally sound, she should be fine. Children's taste change constantly, so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2010