Do you think a 3 year old will understand how to use a Tag jr learning system?

My daughter is 2 1/2 and she keeps asking for the leapfrog and things like that. I have done some research for her birthday in April and the Tag Jr is for ages 4-6 I believe. I am thinking of saving up and getting it for her 3rd birthday but I don't want to spend so much money on something she is just going to throw in the corner and forget about.

jonilee73

Asked by jonilee73 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No, the Tag Junior is for age 2-4. The Tag is for 4-6. Your 3 year old should do ok w/ the Tag Jr. My son is getting a Tag for Christmas from his grandmother. He won't be 4 until March, but close enough.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Honeslty I would do the regular tag. I have the jr for my little one and he is two and a half and likes it but will outgrow it soon. The regular tag will work with the tag jr books. The only negative I believe is that it wont just read the story by highlighting one word like the tag jr does. for investment purposes I think it is worth the trade off. I also have the v.reader and that has multiple ways to read and my son really likes that too. Good luck in you decision!
    Amellor1

Answer by Amellor1 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• depends on the kid! Every child plays differntly! I have twin 4 yr olds and they tear everything up, but my 6 yr had one of those and she would sit down and use it
    menmy6

Answer by menmy6 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010