Sex HELP

My husband and I used to be very sexually active and now that I'm almost 9 months pregnant we hardly ever have sex. I get that your drive goes down and all that but when I actually want to I swear it's just different! I'm always scared he doesn't like it as much, or he's scared that he's not going to get me happy 'cause I hardly ever feel like it. How can I fix this? Does it get better after the baby is born?

ours

Asked by ours at 9:00 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it does get better after baby is born .. i was horrible with my first and now with this one we barely do anything
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think I can count on one hand how many times we have had sex since I became pregnant...23 weeks ago.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Awe really (to vickwu)? Are you having morning sickness?

See we stayed pretty active all the way till about 30 weeks then I started getting insecure and so did he. I feel bad and I'm scared that I'll have the baby and we'll both still be nervous. Maybe it'll just be like his first time again haha.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• it just hurt for me. i stayed dry and didn't want it. i think it was all hormones, i wanted to do it, but the pain of it made me not want to do it. even now, a little over 4 months after she was born, i don't want it.

before i got preggers, we did it like everyday, sometimes a few times a day.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• nope, no morning sickness...I just feel really ugly and dont want my husband to touch me. He has been real supportive about it all. Plus I dont get real wet right now and its uncomfortable, and I just dont want to have sex. I hope my drive comes back soon.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I was a stinkin' nympho when I was pregnant. It was my guy that didn't really want to when I got bigger, because he thought it would be uncomfortable for me. Then once our son was born, he introduced himself as "the guy that's been poking you in the head for the last nine months" lol I didn't bother explaining how false that statement was...just blushed (cuz my mom was RIGHT there) and laughed at him.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think its just an emotional thing, being afraid of hurting you or the baby can be a major turn off...
    I'm sure things would go back to normal, you got a lil more to go:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• my man wanted it so bad when i was pregnant - he said that he loved my body even more. Just do it right now before you have your baby because it wont feel the same after.

ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008