Do you believe in "mommy's thumb"? Do you think there is an age that you should start and stop having kids? adult content

I was going through on yahoo and came across this article. I am 23 and trying to conceive. My sister was 13 with her first and the doctors had so much to say about the problems with a young mother. But as I read this it made me realize that's doctors don't really seem to know anything. So now they say that being an older new mother that u can get mommy's thumb. That sounds crazy but its just like having a strained muscle in your thumb or carpal tunnel. (please excuse my spelling some words) I have put the name of the article and where it was written if any are curious.

For some reason it is like no one is understand the question. I want to know do you believe in mommy's thumb or is it another hyped up old diagnosis with a new name? I am saying that because i read and re-read the article. It sounds just like arthritis or carpal tunnel. I know that how people try to get others hyped up over nothing. I want to hear from mothers that have actully had this diagnosis. THank you for your comments

The Baby May Be Giving You Mommy Thumb
by Dawn Fallik Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Share
retweet
EmailPrint
.provided by Wall Street Journal

maire1988

Asked by maire1988 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Health

• You lack very little understanding of science - this is the sad thing about a majority of America today. They lack any real scientific knowledge but have to make decisions about science.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 7:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I am going to say this Please answer the question. This has nothing to do with the answer daisysrdeadly gives. I want to know what you think. We were raised that you were supposed to wait till u were married. The way things are going It's like u should never have kids. Every couple months articles are coming out about new problems with having kids.
    maire1988

Comment by maire1988 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• No, the OP does not "lack very little understanding" ... she HAS very little understanding.

OP, regarding your question, yes, many studies have been done regarding the healthiest age for childbearing. Yes, I do believe that there is an age when it is best to have children, and I do believe there is an age when one should no longer be having children.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i have never even heard of mommy thumb due to the so called docs that now everything they are going to make it harder for ppl who do want to have kids and do everything right by there standenders is going to kill of the population cuz then really there is no right age to have kids. U have to do what is in ur heart and have ur children when u are ready i was a young mom and then my mother in law had her second child when she was in her 40 and she is having a hard time with keeping up. She doesnt ask for help but i have lived with her for awhile and seen how tired she is at the end of the day even when we did help her with the baby.
    honey_bear_2787

Answer by honey_bear_2787 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010