prenatal vitamins

ok so i am 7 weeks pregnant today.... i took my prenatal vitamin about 2 or 3 hours ago cuz earlier this morning it was upsetting my stomach even thinking about taking it...so i waited a lil while...ad toook it when my tummy wasnt doing flip flops.... well... i just now puked it up!! like almost half of it.... and when my dr gave the vitamin he also gave me a prescription for some pills to help my morning sickness cuz it was getting to the point to where i couldnt keep anything down at all...well im off of those now cuz my tummy hasnt been that bad since early last week...my question is is it normal to puke up the vitamin?? and since i puked it up..is the baby getting the nutrients it needs?? im ust freaking out cuz ive never puked up the vitamin in my first pregnancy.... not till now... am i freaking out voer nothing??

KaylynnsMommie2

Asked by KaylynnsMommie2 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The vitamin can be known to upset your stomach when taking it. With my first pregnancy, I also would throw up a lot and the pill was along what came up. The best you can do is just keep taking it each day. I found that taking the pill at night, rather than the morning, also helped so I didn't throw it up. Maybe that would help you as well. I wouldn't worry about the ones you've thrown up before. If it continues, just let your doctor know and they can give you more advice.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 7:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ask your doc about taking B12, it helped me soooo much... also, try taking your prenatal at night... i did with both pregnancies, never puked one up... and you can even take another one today when your sickness is over, once doing double on it wont hurt :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had trouble taking them. They made me want to throw up. You have to eat them with food and water. Not just one cracker, like a meal. It may help you. :)
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My doctor told me that i need to take the vitamin with food or it WILL make you sick. Take it with a meal i havent had any problems with it. and im 8 weeks
    newmom07142011

Answer by newmom07142011 at 6:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• sorry, i meant B6... not B12 :) good luck momma!
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010