HOw do i get my husband to talk to me about my sons autism?

Since the dx my husband doesnt talk about it and it makes me feel so alone like i am doing this all by myself. he went to some appts with us but didnt say much in them or even afterwords. I dont know what to do cuz it us ruinin our marraige cuz i cant keep feelin alone about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• He is probably hurting just as much and isnt ready to communicate. Id consider a support group or counseling if you cant break his wall
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Hugs. My hubs was like that when our son was diagnosed. It took him a while to process everything and come to terms with the diagnosis and the changes it would bring. I would suggest you give your hubby some time, and let him come to you when he is ready to talk about it. In the mean time do you have any friends or family that you can turn to for support and to talk to? Another thing that will help is finding an Autism support group. There are several here on CM, and you could check for meetings in your city as well. Counseling would also be a good idea.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Get him copies of the show Parenthood. They deal with this and the family problems that may occur.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• ive never heard of that show?! What is it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010