25.5 weeks preggo and feeling so fat :(

I am 25,5 weeks pregnant and already gained 18lbs :( I was up to 17lbs then lost 5lbs now back up to 18lb gain. Im also a plus size girl and even tho the doctor isnt concernd with my weight I am. The last appt she just said to try and keep it at a low gain. I think 18lbs is already to much of a gain. Anyone else plus size and preggo? How do you deal with the weight gain? I was just getting my life togerher and was loseing weight down 40lbs and now I put 18 back on already. I still have 14 weeks to go and thats at least another 7 lbs i'll gain :( I get so mad cause I see ppl posting on other sites how they are plus size and lost 25-45 lbs there pregnancy im like wow how come I have to be gaining so much............

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I forget what is considered plus size.. but im on my third pregnancy & up to size 12 now!! (used to be a 4--yikes!).. and had lost so much of my weight from my previous pregnancies RIGHT before i got pregnant w/ this one.. so i know how you feel!! however, it will be my last time being pregnant.. and i gain TONS of weight.. w/ the first i gained 75lbs(i used to be tiny) 2nd i gained 65lbs and w/ this one i've already gained 20lbs.. so im doing better than i usually do!! lol!! (lots of mine is water weight that flies off after the birth) but just hang in there(: im also 25 weeks along!! enjoy it!!!!!!! im sure you look beautiful w/ that baby in your belly!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm right there with you. 25.5 weeks preggo and almost 20 lbs gained. I lost a good amount of weight with my last baby just by breastfeeding (27lbs, around there). I'm planning on joining a gym this time around (post-baby of course). Don't fret about it now, just wait till after baby is born and start a gym membership or weight watchers. Heck, I'll even be a weight loss buddy is you want one!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I'm 19 weeks and it's my second pregnancy. I was 110 lbs before I got pregnant with my first then I got back down to 120lbs. Now I'm 135lbs and the doctors are telling me I'm gaining weight too fast. I feel huge and I can't imagine what I'm going to feel like towards the end. My grand mother also points my weight out which really hurts my feelings. I don't understand why I am gaining so fast, I don't each much, don't drink sodas or eat fast food or anything, can't afford it lol. My little boy is three and he even looked at me and said "mommy, you're getting fat!" I was like "yeah! there's a baby in there!!" My boyfriend still tells me I am beautiful so I guess that's all that matters. Hopefully I will be able to loose it easily after wards. I guess gaining weight is worth getting to have beautiful children! My mom was over weight when I was little and I loved it! I loved snuggling up in her lap, it was so comfy and warm!
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010