Why are cafemom members bashing one another?

I like cafemom because it give me a chance to receive support from other moms as well allow me to support other moms who come to this site. Now the negative affect of this website is that you have some moms on here who badly bash other mothers instead of giving a more suitable and appropriate suggestion/advise. I think that cafemom would be a more peaceful place to come to if moms would hold off on dissing other moms because they don't like what someone wrote. If you don't like it then it is okay to just go to the next question. I say this because someone asked a question about why child support took out a lot money from her baby father pay checks. The responds that I would have given was that it was base on what her baby father is making. As we all know some people make more money than other and yes, it is base on what the baby father is making. Now being sarcastic isn't helping anyone and I'm pretty sure that those who bashed her wasn't helping her. Put yourself in the other woman's shoes and think before you bash. We're suppose to be grown women. Hell, we are mothers who face a daily challenge of caring for the children, taking care of the household, etc. Let's be mature ladies. Now I don't expect all of you to understand this especially if you are the one doing the bashing on other people pages. If it make you feel better to bash me because I'm bringing this issue to light then go ahead but at least I know that I gave you something to think about. I just feel that someone had to say something about it because alot of moms is watching this take place but not very few is doing anything about it. I can understand why those moms don't bother with it. I use to be one of those moms but I'm getting fed up with it. Let's start doing more supporting and less bashing. Again if it make you feel better to bash me because you think that it's okay to come to cafemom to bash other moms then go ahead and do it. I'm not going to bash you back because this is not high school. But if you post something and someone bash you because they think that it is stupid I suggest that you look back at what you did to other moms. For all those who support this thank you for backing me up on this issue.

kewi86

Asked by kewi86 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I have noticed this on cafemom as well. Sometimes women here seem to enjoy putting others down because it makes them feel better about themselves.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 7:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Because some women have a superiority complex and think their cooter don't stink. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon in their mouths as some mothers act....
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well said............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If it were only this easy.......I agree with you, we should all be here in harmony but this is easier said than done. Many women live sour lives and come here only to spread some of their sourness, I have been here since the site opened and believe me I have seen it all, after numerous private nasty pm's and comments, I just focus on the kind and sweet considerate ones here, after all they do make the majority.

Answer by older at 7:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Because some people don't understand that it's ok to have a difference of opinoin and it's ok to debate those opinoins, but it's not ok to be nasty to others.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• This is crazy. I read to answer to the questions and it dont make sense to act like the kids on facebook. We are grown adults. It is no point in having a place where people that do each other cant get together and help each other out. I understand why some people dont help others in person but this is a helping place. It is a rough compare to what our parents would say "That it takes a village to raise a child." or for some people its the help that they dont have.
    maire1988

Answer by maire1988 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Why can't this stuff be put in a JOURNAL and not bog down the Answers section with it? I keep telling CM to give you people a VENT forum and leave this forum open to real Questions and Answers. Maybe one day they will listen. At least a half a dozen times a week someone asks this same question. People sometimes bash. It happens. It's human nature. We all know that so we all know why it happens even on a website.
    Anonymous

• oh its hard to take moms word and offer some help when they talk like this :'their cooter don't stink'...that is barf-worthy. That is awful.
    Anonymous

• OP, are you new here? If so, welcome to the soap opera that is CM. If not, then you haven't been paying attention.
    Anonymous

• Why do people immediately label anyone who dares to have a differing opinion "bashing"?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010