white poop?

I was wondering if anyone's little ones had ever had very pale almost white poop? My 3 yr old has had twice in the past week. Its very light almost white but consistency wise looks like a normal bowel movement. He was throwing up late Friday night/ early Saturday morning.. but since then everyone else in the house has had that stomach bug. He seemed like he was fully recovered on Sunday morning. This week he's been really hungry and tired. I figured he was getting over the rest of the bug or having a growth spurt. That's how he usually acts when he has one hungry and sleepy. But with the white poop added in I'm a little worried. He's usually in alright eater, kind of picky but I make sure he gets all the vitamins and nutrients he should be getting.

joscelyne

Asked by joscelyne at 7:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Thats a pancreas or liver disorder. He's not making bilirubin. He needs to see a doc ASAP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• White or cream poop = doctor visit NOW. As butterflyblue said, it equals either liver, pancreas, or gall bladder problem. Either way, it's NOT good. If you can't get him to the doctor soon (as in by tomorrow), at least call the doctor's advice line now.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Thank you ladies I scheduled an appt for him
    joscelyne

Comment by joscelyne (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My daughter had that once, she was nauseated and would only drink milk all day, so her poop was white! I took her to the dr and she told me it was from the milk. But, I agree with the other comments, take him in to the dr to be safe.
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 11:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010