What are you getting your teenagers for Chritmas?

My oldest son is 13 almost 14 and he hasn't given me any ideas on what he wants for Christmas. I have offered many ideas and he has said no to all of them. Wondering what other moms are getting their teenage sons.

cornflakegirl3

Asked by cornflakegirl3 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Does he have a ds, wii or other gaming system? Money is great. Favorite candy is good. Favorite snack (like summer sausage or a treat he doesn't get very often). Gift cards are nice to his fav resturant or store. He may just want a day with you like going to the movies. He may want a paint ball gun, bb gun--if you and your family think that is ok. Good luck
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh yeah, btw, for ease and simplicity in your lives, I'd stop asking what he wants. It is obvious he doesn't know.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 13 y/o g-dude is getting a target and 22 bullets so he can shoot my rifle with his gramps in our woods.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have yet to meet a 13 y/o who turns up their nose to cash..
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm getting my daughter a Nook
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My teen age son is 19 he asked me for a watch, kindle and that was it. So I am getting him a few hoodies and some money to purchase books for the Kindle. Other than that nothing. I will tell you when my son was the same age as yours it was impossible to get him any thing because he simply did not want any thing. I think I got him his first ipod at that age. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• A one way bus ticket to anywhere they want to go... LOL, just kidding!

My 17 yo asked for an i-pod touch, so did my 16 yo, but he also wants clothes.

I refuse to spend over $200 for an i-pod, but I am looking for a good used one or a refurb online for a reasonable price.

Maybe try starting a new hobby for him. Model cars, airplanes. Worst case scenerio, he won't like it. Best case, he will have a lifelong love of something that he will be able to pass on to his children later in his life.
    Keilman1

Answer by Keilman1 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• We are getting our 14yo a new tv/dvd, then some clothes.
    M3momma

Answer by M3momma at 1:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Is there a specific author that he likes? My 13 year old asked for books from his favorite author & a couple of video games & an MP3 player.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My 13 yr old son is getting an IPOD touch. It was what he most wanted.
    oregongal

Answer by oregongal at 2:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010