How do i get my husband to chip in on more housework?

I dont have a washer and dryer and so we have to take it to the laundry mat and when i take him with me and the kids its like havin to take care of another kid. He only does some housework on his day off when i continue to do none stop from the moment i get out of work til i go to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you talked to him about this? And why are you taking the entire family to the laundromat? When we had to use the laundromat (for several years, actually), I left the kids at home with the husband, and took a book. It was pretty peaceful.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 7:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• have you talked to him? sometimes with men, you gotta let them know what exactly it is you want them to do..sometimes more than once. just let him know what you'd like him to do. maybe make him a list? if he's more of a visual type of guy.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 8:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've been married 3 years, and I've learned that what mama didn't teach him, he don't know. Hubby doesn't know how to do anything around the house, but he is the breadwinner, and I can occasionally get him to help with dishes, and he'll take the laundry to the laundromat so I don't have to. I can't complain too much.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't know girl, I posted a question earlier about this, this is what it said and what I am dealing with too:

I hate working, and still having to take care of the kids, do all the house cleaning, shopping, bill paying and everything. I love my husband but he works nights and so everything is on me. He sometimes helps with doing the floors and he takes and picks the kids up from school on occasion. He stays up til about 2-3 in the morning then sleeps until 12-2 in the afternoon. I feel like I am doing it all. I used to be a sahm but we just can't afford it anymore I have to work. I am starting to resent him for this and all he says is well I work nights so what more can I do. I feel like he can do alot and just won't. I also work about 55 hours a week while he works about 45. I never get a minute to myself even while working because I am self employed and have an in home daycare.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 8, 2010