do you still look at your children and can't believe they're yours?

my son is 6 weeks old and i still look at him like he isn't real lol. everybody i know seems surprised that the feeling hasn't gone away yet!!!

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 7:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is amazing isn't it, the miracle of life and that you created it!

Answer by older at 7:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My dd is gonna be 4 and I still feel the same way. Its so surreal sometimes!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i have 17yr old i still tell him go home to his real mom he driving up the wall lol
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You know what's even more amazing...when you look at them when they are 22 (son) and 17 (daughter) and wonder where did that six week old baby go so fast.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a two year old and one year old and it blows me away that I grew them and nourished them and am raising them. They have so many of my characteristics it's so fun
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 7:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Ahhh, I understand what you mean. At that age it is hard to look at them any other way.. BUT I have to agree with dutch LOL.. I look at them most of the time like OMG, I can't believe you just did that, said that or put that in the toilet LOL... Whole different ballgame at 18,10 and 8... Oh yeah, don't forget the "you did what to(fill in the blank here)"... On a serious note. Yes I do. When they are sleeping and all so quiet, yep I still look at them that way :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Mine are much older and still I look at them with wonder! Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i think it is the whole we created you feeling...my husband even said you still feel that way? lol
    lovingedward

Comment by lovingedward (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• OMG do I remember that, friends would come over so that I could have some Mommy time and I'd spend half of it on the couch just looking at him.
    Nope it never goes totally away... you still have those moments all the time.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes, I still feel that way and they are 39, 42 and 43. Yikes....time flies.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2010