What should be the average blood sugar readings for a pregnant woman who has diabetes?

i was told in the morning it is suppost to be in the 70's and 80's and in the afternoon and evening between 120-130 is this correct? this was what the docs told me to stick to when i was pregnant with my daughter but that was over a year ago. because mine has been in the 180's-200's and that is barely eating anything. i have completely cut out sweets and it still gets this high. seeing the doctor tuesday but just wanted some input till then..... by the way if it matters i am 13 weeks pregnant.

proudmamaTTC2

Asked by proudmamaTTC2 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This information is correct. My ranges are 60-120 in the morning and 60-150 the rest of the day and trying to keep it around 90-95 just in general.
    Good luck with everything, gestational diabeties is a ruff road, I know I am on it, by the way i am 37 weeks.
    MaSina621

Answer by MaSina621 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• the reason it is so high is because you are barely eating anything. Try eating more often. yes that is correct. My husband is a diabetic and the range they reccomend is 80-120 . Get that sugar in check momma and if yuo cant get it under control on your own go to the er. They can help. ITS REALLY IMPORTANT! Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Fasting numbers- 60-90 mg/dl
    2 hours after eating- 90-120

If over 150 you should contact your OB.

I've had it twice now and lost a child to GD my first pregnancy.

Claire
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:58 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You should call your doctor...follow the Gestational diet...but that is HIGH blood sugars for pregnancy.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008