Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What would you do if your child punched you and cursed you out?

My step sons mother just called saying my step son punched her. He hasnt been home for five minutes and shes calling. She says she told him she was going to throw something of his away so its like what do u do? My step son is 7 and he was at our house from 1pm to 730pm

Answer Question

Asked by maire1988 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 4 (41 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • I'd have him put in juvie for a time, then I'd have him evaluated for a mental disorder.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • Yeah...have him evaluated.

    Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • i would probably call the police and have him put in a detention center

    Answer by bekkaboo89 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • or go ahead and bash me but i would prbly beat his a** ,i would think that there also are some thing going on at home if there is no discipline in the home the kids will walk all over you , i mean that should NEVER EVER happen. tyhe kid should respect the parent and i would prbly say that yes i would beat him,

    Answer by bekkaboo89 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • CALL THE POLICE??? I would ask him why he did that. He needs to talk and explain. He can talk can't he? Call the Police? He is 7. He sounds extremely frustrated and tense and angry and he is probably imitating the people in his life. I feel bad for him....obviously his life is driving him nuts. If anything, he needs counseling.

    Answer by kerp1960 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • yes he need to know that at an early age thats unacceptable , and counseling? no that kid needs his ass busted sorry.

    Answer by bekkaboo89 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • First of all children don't act out unless they are upset or angry at the parent or about a situation that is beyond their control. And since he is only seven, I think someone needs to talk to him about his actions. There has to be a valid reason why he would do such a thing in the first place.

    Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • Holy crap you lot the kid is 7 and his parents are divorced. Juvie? Really?

    Have his dad talk to him and find out what's going on and then discuss among the 3 of you and decide if you want to have him evaluated.
    I honestly don't know how I'd react if one of my kids did that because it would be so out of character for them.

    Answer by onethentwins at 9:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • Putting him in juvy at 7 is just plain ridiculous. He's obviously angry and doens't know how to express it or handle it! I'd say get him some counseling and possibly get dhs invovled, because that might be a sign of abuse or neglect.

    Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

  • Maybe his dad should take temporary custody while mom goes to parenting classes. Unless he punched her in the face, she totally over reacted. Boys are more aggressive and physical but if mom calls dad every time to intervene she loses all respect from the child. Mom needs to take a firmer stand. The police? Juvy? I do not believe a mother wrote that. I don't believe violence solves violence but if my son even dreamed of hitting me it would only ever happen once - Big Momma ain't playing no games!


    Answer by mrsljamieson at 2:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.