ds hurt his back....what else can I do?

DS will be 3 in april. So he was jumping on the bed...and literally...one fell off and...as he fell off he scraped his lower back against the corner of a speaker I had on the floor (it's been moved). 4 scraped bruises are alligned on his spine area. I put neosporin on it and offered a kiddie icepack (he didnt like it). Other than plenty of cuddles...what else can I do?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I wouldn't say there's anything else to do - now, he gets to deal with the consequences of jumping on the bed.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Tylenol or ibuprofen, or even alternate them like some people do for a fever (every 4 hours, alternately).
    Anonymous

• When you have a trauma like that so close to a spine, I'd definately go see his doctor right away. Request an MRI. Make sure nothing happened to his vertibre (spell check) and his disk's. Things like that can rupture disk and cause herniations/bulging. Surgery is sometimes required to fix those.

Just check up with his doctor and make sure everything is okay.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It might be worth it to take him to the Chiropractor just to check him out. Other then that I don't really know of anything else you can do.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2010