If you had 3 or more kids the same sex.....

I wanted to know if you had more than 3 kids and they were all the same sex would you try again for another baby to see if you would have the oppssit sex.When would you stop or are you fine with all of your kids being the same sex.

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 7:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had 4 girls. We had intended to have another, but because of my health we were advised not to, ended up having another anyway due to condoms failing, and got our boy. A couple in my church has 3 girls, he wants 1 more baby (says he doesn't care about the sex, just wants a 4th), but she says no, just because she's happy with 3 (but I think she's afraid of having 4 girls). Another couple in our church had 3 girls, went for their 4th not caring what they had, and had a boy, and are debating about having another baby. Yet another couple in our church has 3 girls put put a stop to it because when #3 was born #2 was diagnosed with multiple problems.
    Anonymous

• Why would you have another child in order to have a (slim) chance of having a child of the opposite gender? I'm very happy with my 3 girls and would never chose to have another child in order to possibly have a boy.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 7:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I've never thought of having kids to achieve a particular worldwide or domestic ratio of girls to boys. I can't imagine how that kind of activity makes the existing children feel.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes I would... if that is what you want to do then go for it. I would probably stop after 4, but as long as you can support them and love them all the same that is your business.
    CocoaQT

Answer by CocoaQT at 7:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I would only try again if you want another BABY (regardless of gender) than because you are trying for a specific gender. You may not get the gender you are aiming for, and even if you do you may not get the experience you are imagining. I can always remember wanting girls so we could play with dolls and things like that... I have two girls who have NEVER played with dolls. Just plain not interested. Likewise, my dad was excited to have a grandson when my son was born, to do sporty things with. My son is SOOOO not sporty..... sorry Grandpa! You get the kids you get... gender and personality both.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Nope 3 was my cut off for the longest time and now that I'm at 2 I'm pretty sure I'm done, I have one of each though so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. I always told my husband though, 3 boys or 3 girls either way I'm done at that number! lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2010