how long do you hold a grudge

How long do you hold a grudge againest someone...like for in laws your own family your someone....

Mamato2angels

Asked by Mamato2angels at 7:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't. That's a huge waste of emotional energy.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Depends on who did what. I held a grudge for eleven years before I finally let it go. Most other things, I get over it pretty quickly. I tend to burn really hot, really fast, and then move on.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 7:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 9 seconds.

First, I haven't got the attention span to remember that I'm supposed to be mad at someone, and second because I know that one of the facts of reality is:

~acid does more damage to the container it's stored in than the surface it's poured on.

All those people holding a grudge against me (and I'm not going to pretend there isn't more than a few of those!) enjoy it: it affects me not one whit, and you get all stressed out and stirred up every time you think of me... What fun.

Surely, there is something better to do with a life?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Way too long, unfortunately. I know it isn't right but have a hard time letting go.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Just really depends on the situation and who did it. Typically not long....but there is ONE in particular that I will probably hold forever when it comes to a in law....
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 7:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• maybe not so much a grudge...but i will never ever forget it
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 7:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Till they sincerely apologize....
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I never hold a grudge, I let it out, let whoever know why I am pissed and move on, it is toxic to me to do anything else.

Answer by older at 7:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't hold a grudge but I don't trust or like them for a while
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• a looong time. that's just how I am. I uber stubborn and hard-headed. just the way my personality plays out. I do forgive...it just takes me awhile to sort out my emotions and feelings..
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 8:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010