My Hubby and I want twins!!!

Twins run on both sides of our family. His father and mother side, and my mother's side. I am wondering is there any natural things that I can do to possible help the chance of fingers crossedmultiples?

MrzBJ420

Asked by MrzBJ420 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get pregnant the while ON the pill, get pregnant the month you go off the pill.

And let me tell you as a twin mom - it isn't something that anyone REALLY wishes for.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I don't believe his family has anything to do with you having twins since it's your eggs that have to fertilized. Good luck though!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• You might regret it, twins are very hard, especially when they are premature. Mine were 7 weeks early even though I had an easy pregnancy. I got pregnant with them while on the depo shot.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• If he has identical twins in his family it COULD affect you having twins since the egg would spilt after fertilization. If they are fraternal that's up to you releasing more than one egg. If either run in YOUR family you could have twins.

Supposedly Soy Isoflavones increase the chances of fraternal twins.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• First do not get me wrong... I love my kids to death, all of them and would not trade them for anything but ...... I always tell people that having twins is not something I wish upon people! One child is hard but 2 or more is harder! Why do people wish things like this upon themselfs and their children? I always felt from day 1 that my boys and myself got gipped! You don't have the time to just cuddle each baby when you have 2 like you do when you have one. Its the simple things like that, that I really felt like I missed way more with my twins than I did with my single! Good luck to you but I truly hope you get to have the join of one baby at a time!
    klpeter

Answer by klpeter at 8:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• snewo, actually it is common for fathers with a history of twins in the family to also have twins, even if the mother doesn't have twins too. remember that all twins are not always 2 fertilized eggs, identical twins are from a single fertilized egg. but anyway, op, your family history and his are the best things i guess. like pp said sometimes you will ovulate multiple eggs coming off of birth control, but beyond that nothing really besides fertility medicine. but gl ttc anyway. twin or single lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Identical twins are genetically passed from both sides and fraternal are passed from only the mother's side. That being said you can get twins without any one having them in your family too. I have read that soy isoflavanes increase the chances, but other then that you could try in vitro with multiple embryos.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• be careful of what you wish for!!!
    twins are very hard! i hope you have friends and family ready to help!
    i have heard that eating eggs with double yolks can do it!
    i have also read that there is something in sweet potatoes that stimulates egg release
    (i eat at least 1 sweet potato a week, and i have one set of twins)
    good luck!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• A diet high in meat and dairy is said to increase your chances. Also soy isoflavones on days 3 to 7 of your cycle is said to cause over ovulation. It is possible to ovulate two eggs but on different days so check ovulation again even after you get a positive so you can catch the second egg if there is one. Your chances are also better if you are over 40, over weight, African American or have had 4 plus children already. Hope this helps. Good luck :)

MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 11:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Having twins can be genetic. I wouldn't recommend the pill method the first poster told you about. For health reasons, you're not even supposed to try to concieve until you've been off the pill for 3 months.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010