short period. could it mean pregnancy?

my period this month was only about 2 1/2 days, usually about 4+. So it was shorter but still had some clotiness. Does the clotiness mean that it's not possible that it's shorter because of possible pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i don't think you are pregnant, any amount of time you do have your cycle no matter how short it is , most likely is not a baby, if you are trying to have a baby you may want to track your periods and if they are regular invest in a ovulation test and try taking it a few days before you are expecting your monthly and see if that is your fertile time, if not try taking it a day or 2 after your cycle ends, some of us are more fertile before and others after, sometimes you can get it if you are pregnant, but don't hope for that to be your case some times it can be a medical problem if you still get your cycle during a pregnancy, good luck
    tammykw

Answer by tammykw at 9:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If your paranoid take a test...but you are most likely not prego! Though in rare cases women still bleed when prego! Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I just went through this... my period was a little late and was only 2 days when it is usually much longer. Come to find out, I was pregnant and the bleeding was the first sign that the embryo had implanted in my right fallopian tube. Take a home preg test- if it still comes out positive post bleeding, call your doctor immediately.

Hope all is well with you. Good luck.
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 10:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2008