What did Stephen see in Acts 7 : 55, 56?

In my bibles it says that Stephen saw as he was filled with the Holy spirit, gazing into heaven and saw the glory of God, and jesus standing at god's right hand. "Look! I can see heaven thrown, open,'' he said,' and the son of man standing at the right hand of God."

Acts 7 : 55, 56

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• So this would make the trinity a lie. If God isn't a liar, than why is the God of Jesus, (the father, also our father) not in our bibles as Jesus also the father, ....hmm.. .....something isn't right here.

If Jesus is the SON of God, he can't also be the FATHER OF HIMSELF. This is making God the father lying to his own only begotten Son.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Give it a rest, troll. Don't you have some kids crossing your bridge to go scare off? Why are you just trying to stir up trouble? As I said, to a believer, no explanation or proof is necessary, to a non-believer, no explanation or proof is sufficient.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Oh,and to answer your question, Jesus Himself said before He was crucified, and ascended into Heaven He would sit at the right hand of the Father. Doesn't make anyone a liar,but you, for your ridiculous rants. You are obviously so closed minded to the Bible,and God that you have made your mind up. Makes perfect sense to me,and I don't see any lies in it anywhere.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• And, no, the Trinity, is not a lie. Given that God the Holy Spirit is just that! A SPIRIT! That resides in believers.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Trinity meaning what? If it's a 3 in one person, it means they are the same, no? why then do people that say trinity so much agree that Jesus IS god. He is the same powered family by laws and by learning. And by being begotten of God and Mary, but it doesn't prove that if someone just shuts up that it isn't going to be figured out.

please just understand, it's not a troll you are talking to, and what is this supposed to prove to call another a troll, I am not trying to deceive anyone, but the catholic church has always been there to make hypocrasy out of having mother of god used as a literal thing,....so don't go getting so defensive, (well you can) but he is who he is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Ok, I'm sorry, it was just the tone of your question,and the fact you posted anon. Please understand my POV, most posts like this are by people looking to stir up trouble. As to the Trinity, I have never had any reason to think of them as anything but all in one. See, God is so much more infinite than we could ever imagine. There are things about Him we are just not meant to know or understand. And, for me, that's just fine. I know all I need to about Him,and if I'm meant to know more, He will either reveal it to me on earth, or He will tell me when I get to Heaven. The Trinity, and the fact that He is all three is one of those mysteries,that makes Him so amazing and wonderful. I don't care how it all works, I just know it does. I don't HAVE to know everything about Him. What I do know is, He is very real,and loves me uncondtionally,and died to save me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes his son did die to save you, and us all, that is good. We are more than glad, and very very grateful indeed. All would agree, it isn't nice to have to ask so many people when growing up that are only misled, not liars, I'm saying that scripture does not lie. Holy scripture isn't lying speaking that we have the holy spirit and Jesus which is given by the Father, but I know that if someone were to ask me straight out, if I were going to heaven by only knowing Jesus and believing on him that I'll go to be in the next earth in paradise. I see that in all bibles it says only 144,000 are going to heaven. Perhaps that is why I want to know exactly what is real or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Well, I personally don't believe in just the 144,000,but I can see where it would raise a question. I believe (and I could be wrong,so don't quote me) that it is the Jehovah's Witnesses that believe that. However, if someone asks me straight out if I'm going to Heaven,simply by believing in Jesus,and accepting Him as my Savior, I'm going to say yes. The reason? I believe 100% this verse:"Then Jesus said, 'I am THE Way, THE Truth, and THE Life. NO ONE comes to the Father, except by Me.'" John 14:6. That verse pretty well sums it up. We can only go to Heaven by believing and accepting Jesus. Not by being a good person, yes that's important, but works alone won't get one to Heaven. Hope that explains my point a little better.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes but heaven? Eternal life, yes. Heaven? It only says eternal life if we only believe on his name, or Jesus being the way, truth and the life, to God. We are guaranteed the way, the truth, the life and eternity, by believing, and having faith. The way I read the bible is that it states in revelation only 144, 000 are scheduled or picked , chosen, and selected ahead by God that will enter heaven with God as rulers with him for 1,000 yrs. Even satan is capable of deceiving those ''elect''. The bible also says that the "very elect'' will be deceived.
    All you have to do is google or look in the bible...
    satan will deceive the very elect. . . . . . . (those words)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I see what you are saying. However, those 144,000 will be sent during the tribulation, not during the rapture. Have you ever read the "Left Behind" series of books? I know they are fictionalized versions of what will happen,but they are written on Biblical priciples, and are very Biblically accurate. I have actually studied Revelations a lot, one of my favorite books. As I have studied, I see the very select being the ones who accept Christ during the tribulation,and renounce the anti-Christ,and Satan, regardless of the consequences. And, if you have studied about the tribulation, that will not be an easy thing to do.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010