ok soo im 40weeks pregnant today and no sigm of constration.. i went to my doctor on monday and he told me that i might be one week late... do yo think this is normal.. no pain no nothing yet.. and also my problem is that my belly looks like if i was 7 motnhs pregnant.. soo its not big at all.. this is normall. this is my first baby...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal to be late, just hang in there!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• that's normal. it's not a big deal that you didn't get hugely fat. you don't always have to have contractions before you go into labor. sometimes you just go from 'normal' to active labor and that's that. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Most pregnancies go beyond 40 weeks. And with my DS I only lookes about 7 mos prego too, as the baby drops it looks smaller. Good luck
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It is normal. My oldest was 9 days late. He was due on July 4th,and was born on Friday, the 13th. Best wishes, and enjoy that little one when it gets here. What an awesome Christmas present!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Average gestation is 38-42 weeks and doctors give 40 weeks as your due date. You are not technically postterm or late until 42 weeks plus. Kudos to your doc for not pushing to be induced. Most docs feel that babies need to come on or before 40 weeks and this is so wrong in my book. I also had nothing (not even braxton hicks) with my son, I simply woke up in the morning with my water leaking and about 2 hours later started having mild contractions. I woke about 5 am and he was born at 3:30 pm with no interventions. As for how big you look that varies with each woman and pregnancy. I harldy look pregnant until right at the end and even then I am told I only look about 7 months or so and my SIL on the other hand looked like she was ready to pop any day around 6 months with all 3 of hers. Oh and BTW we also both gained about 20-30 lbs with each pregnancy.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• my friend was at least 3 weeks pregnant with all 3 of her babies! It is normal to go over 40 weeks-just hang it there and take naps while you still can!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• totally normal... babies come when they are ready. Ask about stripping the membranes... that sped up my delivery and it is safe as far as i have been told by several different doctors :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• It's normal to be late. I know how you feel, each day is an eternity. But no pregnancy has ever lasted forever, so just hang in there.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2010