If you knew that someone was a player would you warn the person they are trying to get with?

My brother is a major player and cares only for himself. He even puts himself before his 5 year old daughter. He LOVES getting women to fall in love with him so he can just screw her for a few days and then leave her.
Recently he just hooked up with an old friend of mine. We aren't friends any more because she tried to sleep with my boyfriend when we were. Anyways he flat out told me he was going to play her. I feel as a woman I should warn her that he's playing her and will only lie and cheat on her BUT I really want her to learn her lesson. This is the 2nd time they are dating. I just don't know what to do. I'm really sick and tired of seeing men go around playing woman. Plus my mother is backing him up telling the girl he'll never stir her wrong and to trust him.

The boyfriend thing happened like 7 years ago and I'm no longer with the guy so I'm not bitter about that

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• She deserves what she gets...let it be.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• well imo if this is the second time that she is going out with him if she hasn't figured it out for herself then she probably won't listen to you anyway.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I wouldnt warn anyone that tried to eff me over. Let her learn her lesson
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• She tired to sleep with your boyfriend and she is dating him for the second time! I would just let things happen and let her learn her lesson herself. Don't let it bother you or over think it. Also, if you say something it may make people angry at you, usually when you try to help someone they don't listen anyways.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• na Let people be. I say this cause even the biggest players and heartbreakers find that one, that either does it to them or they fall in love with forever
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Everything has it's timing. I was one of those who needed to ''learn''. but it shouldn't make it ok for the woman to just let the girl get screwed by that man, if she really cared for her to know the TRUTH about him, than that woman would try to get her to sit and understand, but that male ''brother'', may trick his girlfriend also, so she wouldn't be able to talk to her either. MEN ARE HORRIBLE
    Anonymous

• Normally, I would say yes definitely tell her and if he were my brother I'ld be seriously angry with him and oh, he'ld know it. But this seems to be screaming, "What Goes Around Comes Around!" So, I'm not completely sure what you should do.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• hell, I would let him screw her over....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Sounds like your heart is in the right place. I'd casually mention your bro's track record but then leave it at that- at least you'll know you tried.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Two things:

1. Even tho you aren't bitter about what happened with her years ago, if you try to warn her about your brother, she will probably THINK you are still bitter/angry, and will assume that is your motivation for your warning.

2. If this is her second time dating your brother, then surely she has a hint of what he's like.

She's a big girl, and even us big girls have to learn the hard lessons ourselves.

inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 8:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2010