is this normal?

I just took a HPT and is was positive. I'm happy really happy but shocked and scared to death. I'm starting to panic. Is is normal to be happy and shocked and freaked out

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• nope you should go straight to the ER. LOL JUST KIDDING CONGRADULATIONS

kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes lol. normal for daddys too. it's just the realization that you are going to be responsible for someone elses' life....it's a big job lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i wasn't this scared with our first child. I guess there are just so many what if's and i miscarried a few months ago
    Justins_mommy05

Comment by Justins_mommy05 (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes very normal lol
    m1414

Answer by m1414 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Espeically if you miscarried I think it's totally normal, I went through about 6 weeks of shear terror and panic with our second because I had a miscarriage beforehand, those poor doctors and nurses knew me on a first name basis I called so much with every little question! I'm sure when you see the heartbeat your fears will be eased. Congratulations!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Yes!!

We were TTC our 2nd and when the HPT was a BFP I was so numb for like a whole day. Then I started panicking and crying. I was so scared of the changes coming to our family.

After a few weeks I started to feel better and then I felt SO guilty. I was SO protective of my unborn son and I'm still that way today. I know it's normal but I still feel guilty for ever feeling that way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it is totally normal. With my daughter I was beyond excited and oblivious to the hardships ahead. Now that we are trying for number 2 I get a little panicky for a second when I think about actually finding out I am pregnant. I think it is because I know what is coming and it isn't all fun and games.

If I had miscarried I would be scared too. Don't feel bad about feeling that way. You are only human and losing a child is such a hard thing to go through. Deep down you are probably afraid of going through that pain again.
    Mrs.Andrews

Answer by Mrs.Andrews at 3:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, You go through so many emotions when you first find out. It continues through pregnancy. It's a wonderful, crazy and full emotions rollercoaster, but it's all worth it.
    With you miscarrying before it can bring up extra worry.
    Just try to relax as best as you can and I wish you the best in your pregnancy.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Incrediably normal.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• congrats to you and your fam. i pray that you have a healthy pregnancy and child..Be blessed
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010