Correct way to count my little guys kicks?

I thought that I remember it being 10 kicks in an hour? Does it have to be kicks or can it just be movements....I'm 34 weeks and really never had to worry about counting his kicks cause he was always so active....but now that I'm further along he is starting to kick less (which I'm sure it is because he has less room to move around in there) Anyway, I just wanted to know the correct way to count these kicks cause I'm starting to worry he is not moving much. Thanks :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is just movements. one of my kids just punched, one just moved his head lol. it doesn't have to be specifically kicks
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• o and if you want to do a kick count, first drink some cold juice, then lay down still and test that way
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Any movement counts. I used to just do it when he was active. I was done in less than 5 minutes! LOL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I was told to wait until the evening time when you're relaxing and you're normally about to go to bed and then do it. Any movement counts and just lay there and listen to some soothing music or something relaxing. most babies are most active when it's quiet and you're not moving b/c the noise and the movement lulls them to sleep
    Parkers_Mommy8

Answer by Parkers_Mommy8 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2010